Mintegral Mobile Ad Platform (with COPPA settings) is certified by the kidSAFE Seal Program. The kidSAFE Seal Program is an independent safety certification service and seal-of-approval program designed exclusively for children-friendly websites and technologies, including kid-targeted game sites, educational services, virtual worlds, social networks, mobile apps, tablet devices, and other similar interactive services and technologies. Click on the seal or go to www.kidsafeseal.com for more information.
- What is COPPA?
- The U.S. Congress enacted the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) in 1998. COPPA required the Federal Trade Commission to issue and enforce regulations concerning children’s online privacy. The Commission’s original COPPA Rule became effective on April 21, 2000. The Commission issued an amended Rule on December 19, 2012. The amended Rule took effect on July 1, 2013.
For the official text of amended Rule for COPPA, please visit:
For frequently asked questions about COPPA, please visit:
- Who is covered by COPPA?
The Rule applies to
- Operators of commercial websites and online services (including mobile apps) directed to children under 13 that collect, use, or disclose personal information from children;
- Operators of general audience websites or online services with actual knowledge that they are collecting, using, or disclosing personal information from children under 13;
- Websites or online services that have actual knowledge that they are collecting personal information directly from users of another website or online service directed to children.
- Is Mintegral compliance with COPPA?
Mintegral ensures that we comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). Publishers with apps directed to children under the age of thirteen (13) must enable the COPPA settings when using the services rendered by Mintegral. This allows Mintegral to ensure that any persistent identifiers collected about end users of apps that are flagged as “child-directed” will be processed according to the requirements of COPPA and not be used to serve behaviorally-targeted ads or track users for such purposes. In addition, Mintegral will not knowingly collect any other personal information (such as the precise geo-location of Users’ devices) from end users of apps that we know to be directed to children under the age of thirteen (13).
If you have any questions or concerns about enabling the COPPA setting in Mintegral platform, please contact your account representative or email@example.com.
- COPPA Safe Harbor Program
- The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) includes a provision enabling industry groups or others to submit for the Federal Trade Commission approval self-regulatory guidelines that implement the protections of the Federal Trade Commission’s final Rule. The COPPA requires the Federal Trade Commission to act on a request for "safe harbor" treatment within 180 days of the filing of the request, and after the proposed guidelines have been subject to notice and comment. For more information about the COPPA Safe Harbor Program, including the list of currently approved Safe Harbor organizations, please visit: https://www.ftc.gov/safe-harbor-program
- The kidSAFE Seal Program, the program in which we participate, received COPPA Safe Harbor approval from the Federal Trade Commission in 2014. You can learn more about kidSAFE at www.kidsafeseal.com